7shifts: Dismissal arrangements – Samfiru Tumarkin LLP

7shifts: Dismissal arrangements – Samfiru Tumarkin LLP
7shifts: Dismissal arrangements – Samfiru Tumarkin LLP

How do you calculate severance pay correctly?

There is a common perception that severance pay is equal to one week’s salary, two weeks’ salary, or one week for each year an employee has been employed by a company.

The reality is that severance pay for non-union workers in Canada is calculated using several factorsincluding age, employment, position, bonuses, benefits and your ability to find new employment.

• Severance Pay in Ontario
• Alberta severance packages
• Understanding divorce in BC
• Laid off in Canada

Before you accept a resignation offer, Please double check the amount using our company’s free tool Severance Pay Calculator. It has helped millions of Canadians determine their rights.

If your employer’s offer is lower than what you are entitled to according to our severance pay calculator, there is a good chance that you have been wrongfully dismissed and are entitled to severance pay. Contact an experienced employment law attorney at Samfiru Tumarkin LLP.

Don’t sign on the dotted line!

Do not accept any severance offer, termination papers, or exit agreement that you receive. Once you sign these documents, you lose your ability to negotiate additional severance.

Non-union members in Canada have up to two years after the date of dismissal to claim appropriate severance pay. The deadline for an employer to sign a severance offer is not legally enforceable or binding.

Generally speaking, if an employee does not receive the appropriate severance pay when he loses his job, he is considered unemployed. wrongly rejectedAn employment lawyer at Samfiru Tumarkin LLP can analyze your situation and explain how much compensation you may be owed.

Talk to an employment lawyer

Samfiru Tumarkin LLP’s experienced employment law team has helped tens of thousands of non-union workers nationwide. In addition to severance negotiations, our team has experience securing resolutions for the following employment matters:

Our lawyers in Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia are ready to help you resolve your workplace issues.

If you are a non-union member and need assistance with an employment issue, please contact us or call 1-855-821-5900 to get the advice you need and the compensation you deserve.